Melbourne pop singer/songwriter MEG MAC has us crushing hard on her music and style. The songstress serves up major inspiration when it comes to being a badass (“Roll Up Your Sleeves”) and being in the drivers seat (“Don’t Need Permission”). This self-assurance transfers into MEG MAC’s casual, confident style that features strong lines, bold shapes and statement pieces. It’s an effortless look that perfectly complements this powerhouse talent.
Below MEG MAC shares some of her favorite Melbourne shops, from thrift store bargains to local Aussie designers. All photos Credit: @MEG MAC
MEG MAC: I love the thrill of going through lots of crap to find something cool for $2. So I go op-shopping and like to spend time in op-shops. (You call them thrift stores in the USA). Here are three of my fave op-shops and some of my finds.
1. We have The Salvation Army but Australians abbreviate everything so we call it Salvo’s. I bought these pants on the above for $15 (they turned out to be second hand Giorgio Armani) I made them shorter and now they’re my favourite!
2. St Vincent de Paul Society OR ‘Vinnies’ is where I found this giant red Mens shirt for $8.
3. Red Cross Shop: I got this belt for $12!!!!! I’ve worn it for so many shows.
4. After I toured with D’Angelo I was inspired to buy my first hat. Now I don’t do shows without them. Here’s my latest hat from a friend who makes hats locally in Melbourne, Stephanie Spencer Millinery.
5. Alpha 60 are based in Melbourne and I have worn their stuff on stage a million times.
6. Serpent & the Swan: I wore this roll neck polka dot mesh top at a festival and it’s one of my favourite on stage looks now.